Event: Flood Warning
Sender Name: NWS Chicago IL
Description: …The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Des Plaines River near Gurnee affecting Lake County
Fox River at Algonquin Lock & Dam tailwater affecting Kane and
Fox River at Montgomery affecting Kane and Kendall Counties
…The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Des Plaines River near Russell affecting Lake County
The following forecasts are based on observed precipitation as well
as forecast precipitation 24-48 hours into the future.
The Flood Warning continues for
The Des Plaines River near Gurnee, or from US-41 in Gurnee
downstream to Townline Road in Vernon Hills.
* until Saturday afternoon.
* At 1030 AM Thursday the stage was 7.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 7.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast…The river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
* Impact…At 7.0 feet…Forest land inundated near the river in
Instruction: Safety message…If you encounter a flooded roadway…turn around and
find an alternate route.
Link to more Info: http://www.weather.gov
Area Description: Lake, IL
Message Identifier: NWS-IDP-PROD-4132824-3502199
CAP MessageType: Update