Event: Flood Warning
Sender Name: NWS Raleigh NC
Description: …The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in North
Lower Roanoke River At Roanoke Rapids affecting Halifax and
Lower Roanoke River Near Scotland Neck affecting Halifax and
The Flood Warning continues for
the Lower Roanoke River At Roanoke Rapids.
* At 10:45 AM Monday the stage was 9.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 9.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast…The river will remain near 9.8 feet.
* Impact…At 10.0 feet, The public boat ramp on Rockfish Ln in Weldon
* Impact…At 9.0 feet, Minor flooding begins. Farmlands and
timberlands adjacent to the river in Roanoke Rapids flood.
Property on the farmlands may be at risk from floodwaters.
Instruction: Safety message. If you encounter deep water while driving, do not
attempt to drive through. Turn around, dont drown.
Link to more Info: http://www.weather.gov
Area Description: Northampton, NC; Halifax, NC
Message Identifier: NWS-IDP-PROD-4298966-3611773
CAP MessageType: Update