Event: Flood Warning
Sender Name: NWS Aberdeen SD
Description: …The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in South
James River At Columbia
James River Near Stratford
James River At Ashton
.The following river forecasts include forecast precipitation through
the next 24 hours. Any additional future precipitation could affect
The Flood Warning continues for
The James River Near Stratford.
* until further notice.
* At 9:45 AM Monday the stage was 17.4 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Forecast…The river will remain near 17.4 feet.
* At 17.5 feet…The water reaches the bottom of the bridge 2 miles
north of the gauge.
Instruction: Safety message…Flood waters can be very dangerous. Never drive
across a flooded road. Turn around don’t drown!
Stay tuned for further updates by listening to NOAA weather radio…
or your favorite local media.
For additional information…check out our web site at
www.weather.gov/abr then left click on the Rivers and Lakes link.
The next scheduled statement will be issued next week.
Link to more Info: http://www.weather.gov
Area Description: Brown, SD; Spink, SD
Message Identifier: NWS-IDP-PROD-4298983-3611783
CAP MessageType: Update