Event: Red Flag Warning
Sender Name: NWS Anchorage, AK
Description: * Timing…Wet thunderstorms will develop over the northwestern
Copper River Basin (including along the Denali Highway) late
this afternoon, then become more widespread later this evening.
These storms will track eastward across the basin during the
* Lightning Activity Level…3 to 4.
* Winds…Variable 5 to 10 mph. Local gusts to 20 mph in storms.
* Relative Humidity…As low as 27 percent this afternoon, with
good recoveries to 80 percent or higher overnight.
* Temperatures…In the upper 60s to mid 70s, dropping into the
* Impacts…Ample lightning could lead to numerous new fire
Instruction: A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are imminent or occurring now, or will shortly. It is directed
toward fire agencies, and through them to the public.
Link to more Info: http://www.weather.gov
Area Description: Copper River Basin
Message Identifier: NWS-IDP-PROD-4308667-3616605
CAP MessageType: Update