Event: Flood Warning
Sender Name: NWS Kansas City/Pleasant HIll MO
Description: …The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Big Creek at Blairstown affecting Cass…Henry and Johnson Counties.
South Grand River at Urich affecting Bates…Cass and Henry
The Flood Warning continues for
The South Grand River at Urich.
* until Sunday evening.
* At 8:15 AM Friday the stage was 25.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 24.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast…The river will continue rising to near 28.8 feet by this
evening. The river will fall below flood stage Saturday before
* At 28.0 feet…K Highway is under water approximately 1 mile south
of Urich. Many other roads along the river are flooded as well.
* At 24.0 feet…Flooding occurs across locations within 0.5 to 1.5
miles of the river. Areas affected include low lying pastures along
with cropland and secondary roads.
Instruction: Do not drive through flowing water. Nearly half of all flood
fatalities are vehicle related. As little as 6 inches of water may
cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Two feet of water will
carry most vehicles away.This product along with additional weather
and stream information is available at www.weather.gov/kc/.
Link to more Info: http://www.weather.gov
Area Description: Bates, MO; Cass, MO; Henry, MO
Message Identifier: NWS-IDP-PROD-4360002-3645744
CAP MessageType: Update