Event: Flood Warning
Sender Name: NWS Topeka KS
Description: …The Flood Warning continues for the following streams in Kansas…
Big Blue River near Blue Rapids affecting Marshall County
Black Vermillion River at Frankfort affecting Marshall County
Buffalo Creek near Jamestown affecting Cloud County
Chapman Creek near Chapman affecting Dickinson County
Cottonwood River near Emporia affecting Lyon County
Solomon River near Niles affecting Dickinson…Ottawa and Saline
The Flood Warning continues for
The Black Vermillion River at Frankfort.
* until late tonight.
* At 9:30 AM Friday the stage was 21.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 19.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast…The river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
* Impact…At 19.0 feet…Minor flooding of lowland areas occurs along
the river from Vermillion to the mouth of the Black Vermillion
Instruction: Safety Message…Do not drive into flooded areas. Shallow flowing
water can wash a car from the roadway. Also, the roadbed may be
washed out under the water.
Stay tuned to later developments by listening to NOAA Weather Radio
and local media.
Link to more Info: http://www.weather.gov
Area Description: Marshall, KS
Message Identifier: NWS-IDP-PROD-4360048-3645765
CAP MessageType: Update