Event: Flood Warning
Sender Name: NWS Kansas City/Pleasant HIll MO
Description: …The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Kansas…
Stranger Creek at Easton affecting Atchison and Leavenworth
The Flood Warning continues for
The Stranger Creek at Easton.
* until Saturday afternoon.
* At 9:30 AM Friday the stage was 13.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast…Rise above flood stage by this afternoon and continue to
rise to near 17.2 feet by this afternoon. The river will fall below
flood stage by late this afternoon.
* At 17.0 feet…Water enters low-lying fields south of Easton.
Instruction: Do not drive through flowing water. Nearly half of all flood
fatalities are vehicle related. As little as 6 inches of water may
cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Two feet of water will
carry most vehicles away.This product along with additional weather
and stream information is available at www.weather.gov/kc/.
Link to more Info: http://www.weather.gov
Area Description: Leavenworth, KS; Atchison, KS
Message Identifier: NWS-IDP-PROD-4360056-3645773
CAP MessageType: Update