Event: Red Flag Warning
Sender Name: NWS Portland OR
Description: …EXTREMELY DRY CONDITIONS CONTINUE THROUGH WEDNESDAY…
…DRY AND UNSTABLE CONDITIONS POSSIBLE THURSDAY…
* Affected Area…
– Fire Weather Zone 605 North Oregon Cascade Foothills, and
– Fire Weather Zone 606 Central Oregon Cascade Foothills.
* Winds…East 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph. Strongest
across exposed terrain. Winds will begin to subside this
evening, but gusts up to 30 mph are likely.
* Relative Humidity…As low as 5 percent. Poor overnight
* Impacts…Conditions may be favorable for rapid fire spread
which may threaten life and property. Use extra caution with
potential ignition sources, especially in grassy areas.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Instruction: A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of the
above conditions can contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Link to more Info: http://www.weather.gov
Area Description: Central Oregon Cascade Foothills; North Oregon Cascade Foothills
Message Identifier: NWS-IDP-PROD-4436654-3693439
CAP MessageType: Update